I haven’t had a chance to finish my follow up post on my Azure Standard order yet, but I wanted to throw this recipe up on the blog since it’s one of my favorites.
Each fall our family goes apple picking in our favorite orchard. We always pick far too many apples and I can at least 60 pounds of apples. If you don’t have quart jars of apples on your pantry shelf, to substitute for two quart jars use 8-10 cups of sliced Granny Smith apples. Pour 2 cups unfiltered apple cider or juice over the apples in the pan. You might need to cook the crisp just a bit longer.
For the filling:
2 quart jars of apple slices
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 cup gluten-free brown rice flour blend or arrowroot starch
For the topping:
2 cups brown rice flour (or gluten-free blend)
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¼ organic sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of salt
½ cup melted ghee (clarified butter, I use Purity Farms which is casein-free)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the filling in a 9×13 glass pan.
- Mix the topping in a bowl until it is crumbly. Sometimes more or less flour is needed depending on the humidity.
- Spread the topping over the apples
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the apple filling is bubbly
Enjoy! I hope to post more soon!